BASYS Frequently Asked Questions
Will my merchant processing fees go up?
- No, your overall effective rate will remain the same on the new processing platform.
Will I need to purchase any new equipment?
- No, there will be no cost to you. Typically all that is needed is a new software download to your current merchant terminal. However, if there is a better processing option available, we will talk through that with you. If a new terminal is needed, it will be provided at no charge. If you process through a Software POS solution, we will provide you with a new VAR sheet to guide your software provider through moving you to the new processing platform.
Why is Ephrata National Bank changing processors?
- As part of our ongoing evaluation of the service we provide to our credit card processing customers, we identified areas where improvements could be made. During this evaluation we identified BASYS as a partner whose customer service philosophy most closely aligned with our own. We also wanted to provide our customers with the additional benefits they offer.
What are these additional benefits of BASYS Processing?
- Customer Service: We selected BASYS because, like Ephrata National Bank, they believe taking care of customers is the most important part of any business.
- PCI Compliance: BASYS knows how important PCI compliance is, but they also understand how cumbersome it can be for you to complete the annual questionnaire and quarterly scans (when applicable). That is why they have a dedicated PCI Team who will reach out to you every year to assist with that process!
- Knowledgeable Relationship Manager: BASYS has a person assigned to you and Ephrata National Bank to provide accurate and timely answers to your questions. They believe in answering the phone with a real person, just like Ephrata National Bank, and they will proactively reach out to you to ensure all your needs are being met.
Am I required to switch to BASYS?
Switching to BASYS is not mandatory; however, Ephrata National Bank will not be able to assist in providing support if you remain with TSYS.
If you have questions or concerns, please call us at (877) 773-6605. As always, we appreciate the confidence you have placed in us and we will do everything we can to make this a positive experience for you.