Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosure
For purposes of this disclosure the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK. The terms “you” and “your” refer to the recipient of this disclosure.
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E require institutions to provide certain information to customers regarding electronic fund transfers (EFTs). This disclosure applies to any EFT service you receive from us related to an account established primarily for personal, family or household purposes. Examples of EFT services include direct deposits to your account, automatic regular payments made from your account to a third party and one-time electronic payments from your account using information from your check to pay for purchases or to pay bills. This disclosure also applies to the use of your ATM card (hereinafter referred to collectively as “ATM Card”) or MasterCard/Debit card (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Debit Card”) at automated teller machines (ATMs) and any networks described below.
This disclosure contains important information about your use of EFT services provided by EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK in relation to accounts established primarily for personal, family or household purposes. Please read this document carefully and retain it for future reference.
DEFINITION OF BUSINESS DAY. Business days are Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER SERVICES PROVIDED
ATM CARD SERVICES. The services available through use of your ATM card are described below. ATM CARD SERVICES .
- You may withdraw cash from your savings account(s).
- You may make deposits into your savings account(s).
- You may make balance inquiries on your savings account(s).
DEBIT CARD SERVICES. The services available through use of your debit card are described below. MASTERCARD/DEBIT CARD SERVICES.
- You may withdraw cash from your checking account(s), savings account(s), money market account(s), and NOW account(s).
- You may make deposits into your checking account(s), savings account(s), money market account(s), and NOW account(s).
- You may transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts, checking and money market accounts, checking and NOW accounts, savings and money market accounts, savings and NOW accounts, and NOW accounts and money market
- You may make balance inquiries on your checking account(s), savings account(s), money market account(s), and NOW account(s).
- You may use your card at any merchant that accepts MasterCard ® debit cards for the purchase of goods and services.
Your card may also be used to obtain cash from your designated account at participating financial institutions when so authorized under the terms of your Account Agreement.
NETWORK. Your ability to perform the transactions or access the accounts set forth above depends on the location and type of ATM you are using and the network through which the transaction is being performed. A specific ATM or network may not perform or permit all of the above transactions.
You may access your ATM Card or Debit Card through the following network(s): STAR, PLUS System.
ATM FEES. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used, and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer.
POINT OF SALE TRANSACTIONS. Listed below is the card you may use to purchase goods and services from merchants that have arranged to accept your card as a means of payment (these merchants are referred to as “Participating Merchants”). Some Participating Merchants may permit you to receive cash back as part of your purchase. Purchases made with your card, including any purchase where you receive cash, are referred to as “Point of Sale” transactions and will cause your “designated account” to be debited for the amount of the purchase. We have the right to return any check or other item drawn against your account to ensure there are funds available to pay for any Point of Sale transaction. We may, but do not have to, allow transactions which exceed your available account balance or, if applicable, your available overdraft protection. If we do, you agree to pay the overdraft.
The following card and the corresponding designated account(s) may be used for Point of Sale transactions:
- MasterCard/Debit card: checking
CURRENCY CONVERSION – MasterCard ®. If you perform transactions with your card with the MasterCard ® logo in a currency other than US dollars, MasterCard International Inc. will convert the charge into a US dollar amount. At MasterCard International they use a currency conversion procedure, which is disclosed to institutions that issue MasterCard ®. Currently the currency conversion rate used by MasterCard International to determine the transaction amount in US dollars for such transactions is generally either a government mandated rate or wholesale rate, determined by MasterCard International for the processing cycle in which the transaction is processed, increased by an adjustment factor established from time to time by MasterCard International. The currency conversion rate used by MasterCard International on the processing date may differ from the rate that would have been used on the purchase date or the cardholder statement posting date.
SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH USE OF TELEPHONE BANKING. You may perform the following functions through use of Telephone Banking:
- You may initiate transfers of funds between your checking and savings accounts, checking and money market accounts, checking and NOW accounts, savings and money market accounts, savings and NOW accounts, and NOW accounts and money market accounts.
- You may make balance inquiries on your checking account(s), savings account(s), money market account(s), NOW account(s), and loan(s).
PREAUTHORIZED TRANSFER SERVICES
- You may arrange for the preauthorized automatic deposit of funds to your checking account(s), savings account(s), money market account(s), and NOW account(s).
- You may arrange for the preauthorized automatic payment of bills from your checking account(s), savings account(s), money market account(s), and NOW account(s).
SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH USE OF ONLINE BANKING. EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK offers its customers use of our Online Banking service.
Client may access their account information through digital channels such as personal or business computer, smartphone, tablet, smartwatch or other mobile device. Digital services available include: viewing transactions and history, transferring funds between accounts, depositing checks, paying bills or other individuals, viewing statements, applying for a new loan or deposit account, establishing or modifying alerts, requesting stop payments, and reordering checks. With technology enhancements the solutions and delivery channels mentioned above are subject to change.
ELECTRONIC CHECK CONVERSION. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account using information from your check to pay for purchases or to pay bills.
LIMITATIONS ON TRANSACTIONS
TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS – ATM CARD
CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMITATIONS: You may withdraw up to $500.00 through use of ATMs in any one day.
There is a daily limit for all ATM withdrawal transactions. For security reasons, specific dollar limits are disclosed at the time the ATM Card is issued. EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK reserves the right to change dollar amount limits at any time upon prior notification.
TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS – MASTERCARD/DEBIT CARD
CASH WITHDRAWAL LIMITATIONS: You may withdraw up to $500.00 through use of ATMs in any one day.
There is a daily limit for all ATM withdrawal transactions. For security reasons, specific dollar limits are disclosed at the time the Debit Card is issued. EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK reserves the right to change dollar amount limits at any time upon prior notification.
POINT OF SALE LIMITATIONS: You may buy up to $1,500.00 worth of goods or services in any one day through use of our Point of Sale service. You can use our Point of Sale service for up to 24 transactions in any one day.
TOTAL DAILY LIMITS: In addition to the ATM limit or Point of Sale limits disclosed above, a total daily limit is imposed on these transactions. The maximum amount of cash withdrawals and Point of Sale transactions is limited to $2,000.00 in any one day.
- The terms of your account(s) may limit the number of withdrawals you may make each Restrictions disclosed at the time you opened your account(s), or sent to you subsequently will also apply to your electronic withdrawals and electronic payments unless specified otherwise.
- We reserve the right to impose limitations for security purposes at any time.
LIMITS ON TRANSFERS FROM CERTAIN ACCOUNTS. Federal regulation limits the number of checks, telephone transfers, online transfers and preauthorized electronic transfers to third parties (including Point of Sale transactions) from money market and savings type accounts. You are limited to six such transactions from each money market and/or savings type account(s) you have each month for purposes of making a payment to a third party or by use of a telephone or computer.
NOTICE OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The use of any electronic fund transfer services described in this document creates certain rights and responsibilities regarding these services as described below.
RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR TRANSFERS
TRANSACTION RECEIPTS. Depending on the location of an ATM, you may not be given the option to receive a receipt if your transaction is $15.00 or less. Upon completing a transaction of more than $15.00, you will receive a printed receipt documenting the transaction (unless you choose not to get a paper receipt). These receipts (or the transaction number given in place of the paper receipt) should be retained to verify that a transaction was performed. A receipt will be provided for any transaction of more than $15.00 made with your ATM Card or Debit Card at a Participating Merchant. If the transaction is $15.00 or less, the Participating Merchant is not required to provide a receipt.
PERIODIC STATEMENTS. If your account is subject to receiving a monthly statement, all EFT transactions will be reported on it. If your account is subject to receiving a statement less frequently than monthly, then you will continue to receive your statement on that cycle, unless there are EFT transactions, in which case you will receive a monthly statement. In any case you will receive your statement at least quarterly.
PREAUTHORIZED DEPOSITS. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company:
- you can call us at (717) 733-4181 to find out whether or not the deposit has been
USING YOUR CARD AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (“PIN”). In order to assist us in maintaining the security of your account and the terminals, the ATM Card or Debit Card remains our property and may be revoked or canceled at any time without giving you prior notice. You agree not to use your ATM Card or Debit Card for a transaction that would cause your account balance to go below zero, or to access an account that is no longer available or lacks sufficient funds to complete the transaction, including any available line of credit. We will not be required to complete any such transaction, but if we do, we may, at our sole discretion, charge or credit the transaction to another account; you agree to pay us the amount of the improper withdrawal or transfer upon request.
Your ATM Card may only be used with your PIN. Certain transactions involving your Debit Card require use of your PIN. Your PIN is used to identify you as an authorized user. Because the PIN is used for identification purposes, you agree to notify EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK immediately if your ATM Card or Debit Card is lost or if the secrecy of your PIN is compromised. You also agree not to reveal your PIN to any person not authorized by you to use your ATM Card or Debit Card or to write your PIN on your ATM Card or Debit Card or on any other item kept with your ATM Card or Debit Card. We have the right to refuse a transaction on your account when your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN has been reported lost or stolen or when we reasonably believe there is unusual activity on your account.
The security of your account depends upon your maintaining possession of your ATM Card or Debit Card and the secrecy of your PIN. You may change your PIN if you feel that the secrecy of your PIN has been compromised. You may change your PIN via the telephone.
RIGHTS REGARDING PREAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS
RIGHTS AND PROCEDURES TO STOP PAYMENTS. If you have instructed us to make regular preauthorized transfers out of your account, you may stop any of the payments. To stop a payment,
call us at: (717) 733-4181 or
write to: Ephrata National Bank, PO Box 457, Ephrata, PA 17522
We must receive your call or written request at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled payment. If you call, please have the following information ready: your account number, the date the transfer is to take place, to whom the transfer is being made and the amount of the scheduled transfer. If you call, we will require you to put your request in writing and deliver it to us within fourteen (14) days after you call.
NOTICE OF VARYING AMOUNTS. If you have arranged for automatic periodic payments to be deducted from your checking or savings account and these payments vary in amount, you will be notified by the person or company you are going to pay ten days prior to the payment date of the amount to be deducted . You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.
OUR LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO STOP PREAUTHORIZED TRANSFER PAYMENTS. If you order us to stop one of the payments and have provided us with the information we need at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled transfer, and we do not stop the transfer, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY US OF LOSS OR THEFT. If you believe your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN or internet banking access code has been lost or stolen,
call us at: 1-877-773-6605 (8:00am to 6:00pm M-F, 8:00am to 12:00pm SAT) or
write to: Ephrata National Bank, PO Box 457, Ephrata PA 17522
For 24 hour reporting of lost or stolen debit cards call 1-800-523-4175.. (to be reworked)
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission.
CONSUMER LIABILITY. Tell us at once if you believe your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN or internet banking access code has been lost or stolen or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. If you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN you can lose no more than fifty dollars ($50) if someone used your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your ATM Card or Debit Card or PIN without your permission if you had given us notice, you can lose as much as five hundred dollars ($500).
Also, if your statement shows transfers you did not make, including those made by card, code, or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was transmitted to you, you may not receive back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days, and therefore, you could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if applicable), if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you given us notice in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) keeps you from giving the notice, we will extend the time periods.
CONSUMER LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS INVOLVING MASTERCARD/DEBIT CARD.
The limitations on your liability for unauthorized transactions described above generally apply to all electronic fund transfers. However, different limitations apply to certain transactions involving your card with the MasterCard ® branded card.
If you promptly notify us about an unauthorized transaction involving your card and the unauthorized transaction took place on your MasterCard ® branded card, including any PIN-based ATM or POS transactions, zero liability will be imposed on you for the unauthorized transaction. In order to qualify for the zero liability protection, you must have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from the risk of loss or theft and, upon becoming aware of such loss or theft, promptly reported the loss or theft to us.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR TRANSACTIONS. In case of errors or questions about your electronic fund transfers,
call us at: 1-877-773-6605 or
write to : Ephrata National Bank, PO Box 457, Ephrata, PA 17522
or use the current information on your most recent account statement.
Notification should be made as soon as possible if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. You must contact EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the problem or error appears. You must be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name and account
- A description of the error or transaction you are unsure about along with an explanation as to why you believe it is an error or why you need more information .
- The dollar amount of the suspected
If you provide oral notice, you will be required to send in your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days (twenty (20) business days for new accounts) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days (ninety (90) days for new accounts and foreign initiated or Point of Sale transfers) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days (twenty (20) business days for new accounts) for the amount which you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete our investigation . If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account. The extended time periods for new accounts apply to all electronic fund transfers that occur within the first thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account is made, including those for foreign initiated or Point of Sale transactions.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO COMPLETE TRANSACTION. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages as provided by law. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the
- If the transfer would result in your exceeding the credit limit on your line of credit, if you have one.
- If the electronic terminal was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown before you started the
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood, computer or machine breakdown, or failure or interruption of communications facilities) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have
- If we have terminated our Agreement with
- When your ATM Card or Debit Card has been reported lost or stolen or we have reason to believe that something is wrong with a transaction.
- If we receive inaccurate or incomplete information needed to complete a transaction.
- In the case of preauthorized transfers, we will not be liable where there is a breakdown of the system which would normally handle the
- If the funds in the account are subject to legal action preventing a transfer to or from your
- If the electronic terminal does not have enough cash to complete the transaction. There may be other exceptions provided by applicable law.
CHARGES FOR TRANSFERS OR THE RIGHT TO MAKE TRANSFERS
SCHEDULE OF FEES. The schedule of fees referred to above is being provided separately and is incorporated into this document by reference. Additional copies of the schedule may be obtained from EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK upon request.
DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or electronic fund transfers made to your account:
- Where necessary to complete a transfer or to investigate and resolve errors involving the transfer(s) ; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant ; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us your permission in a record or
NOTICE OF ATM SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR ATM TERMINAL USAGE. Please keep in mind the following basic safety tips whenever you use an ATM:
- Have your ATM Card or Debit Card ready to use when you reach the ATM. Have all of your forms ready before you get to the Keep some extra forms (envelopes) at home for this purpose.
- If you are new to ATM usage, use machines close to or inside a financial institution until you become comfortable and can conduct your usage quickly.
- If using an ATM in an isolated area, take someone else with you if Have them watch from the car as you conduct your transaction.
- Do not use ATMs at night unless the area and machine are well-lighted. If the lights are out, go to a different location.
- If someone else is using the machine you want to use, stand back or stay in your car until the machine is free. Watch out for suspicious people lurking around ATMs, especially during the times that few people are
- When using the machine, stand so you block anyone else’s view from behind.
- If anything suspicious occurs when you are using a machine, cancel what you are doing and leave If going to your car, lock your doors.
- Do not stand at the ATM counting Check that you received the right amount later in a secure place, and reconcile it to your receipt then.
- Keep your receipts and verify transactions on your account Report errors immediately. Do not leave receipts at an ATM location.
Your account is also governed by the terms and conditions of other applicable agreements between you and EPHRATA NATIONAL BANK.